January 1 - So It Begins
Hi there!
Welcome to my attempt at creating a weight loss and healthy living blog!
'
A little bit about me:
Hi! I am Kacey, Mother of 2 puppies, Sansa & Arya. I am a third-year teacher/coach from San Antonio, Texas! I teach Cybersecurity to middle school students, and oh boy, is it an adventure in itself!
During my first year teaching, I met a fellow teacher/coach who I would have never imagined would one day become my future husband! The date is set for June 22 of this year! Travis and I are so excited!
While teaching can be fun and rewarding as I sit down and plan for my students, over time, I did not plan and take care of myself, gaining almost 30 pounds (eek!) from my first year to my third. I fell into some rough habits of relying on sugar and soda to keep me energized throughout the day and crashing as soon as I walked through the door. Don't even get me started on stress eating... Coming from college, I stuck with a strict diet and exercise regime to keep up with the life of a college soccer player, but immediately fell off when I realized I had to cook my own meals and had no coach to push me.
Now, with only 172 more days until the wedding, and my checklist growing longer and longer, I realized I have to get back on top of my game if I want to kick my unhealthy habits and get back right on track!
(.... & to make note, it does help that I ordered my wedding dress one size smaller than what I tried on... Good one, Chance!)
My goals for this blog is to hold myself accountable for my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I want to be able to share my thoughts and struggles, and well as the victories I plan on reaching. With the help and support from my loving fiance, I know I will be able to get myself back to where I was when I was beginning to teach!
So let's get down to business...
Currently, my weight is 175 lbs, and I am wearing a mix of size medium and large clothes. My weight goal is to lose 30 pounds by June and be down at least 15 pounds by my first dress alteration on March 13th. I want to lose a lot of weight in my stomach area as well as around my thighs and be back to wearing medium to small clothes.
My fitness goal is to work out 5 days out of the week. Back in September, I joined LA Fitness and hired a personal trainer, who I plan on working with until March. I want to start going once a day but slowly transition to going twice a day - Once before work and one session after. I want to mix my workouts around, from cardio to weight training. I plan on posting workouts on here to share what I find works best!
Finally, my diet goals. Oh boy.
Remember when I said I joined LA Fitness back in September? Yeah, about this time I was also starting a new diet. The Paleo diet worked out great for me -- but just for a while. It was getting hard to keep up with, but this time around, I plan on sticking with it and finding new recipes to try and mix things up a bit!
Travis and I made a resolution to cut out all soda, candy, and fast food from our diet. I can work with the first 2, but the last one always gets me, especially those long evenings at work, and I leave absolutely STARVING! However, after seeing the junk I was putting into my body, it is definitely time to say adios!
I am a huge fan of Kayla Itsines, an Australian fitness guru who has an AMAZING Instagram account that inspires me every day, whether she is posting pictures of her workouts to amazing (and beautiful!) snacks and meals! Her book, The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide, talks about how every single body can be a bikini body, no matter who you are or what you look like, as long as you create a healthy lifestyle for yourself. She includes great recipes I cannot wait to try and modify for myself and my fiance (if he's brave enough to try my cooking.... )
I cannot wait to get started and start growing into a healthier, more focused teacher! I hope y'all stay around & follow me through this! :) I want to look back in June and see myself improved and better than before!
Love,
Kacey, the Soon to Be Shrinking Teacher




Comments
Post a Comment